Archery Lessons for the Physically Challenged

The past year has been a terrible one for me. Back in March 2016 I broke my ankle while waterskiing in Mexico and it put a real damper on my ability to teach archery.

Worse, the doctors estimated I would be able to walk (and teach) again by September 2016. Instead over a year later I am still getting around in a wheelchair and complications have forced me to face the reality that I will likely be in a wheelchair or walking with a cane (hopping with a cane is more like it) for the foreseeable future, as putting any pressure on my ankle causes extreme pain and hampers the healing process.

However this hiatus from teaching archery has given me pause to think about people who are handicapped / physically challenged (whichever more politically correct term you prefer) and their will to do archery.

I want to be teaching archery - I really enjoy teaching archery - I have the will to teach archery.

However I am changing my focus. I want to start teaching people who are physically challenged / handicapped.

Part of the impetus for this recent decision is when I recently met a prick named Sam Sotiropoulos who verbally abused me in public, claiming I was taking too long, was too slow, and he questioned my intelligence. I was very much tempted to show him what a wheelchair can do and ram it into his shins. The guy annoyed me extremely, but I bit my tongue and decided to not sink his level of disgusting behaviour. (Google Sam Sotiropoulos and you will discover he is a first rate prick, up there with Rob Ford and Donald Trump, but without all the family money.)

So to reiterate, if anyone out there is physically challenged and looking for archery lessons, let me know. I am officially teaching again - but I am limiting my clientele.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To schedule archery lessons in Toronto contact micahrothschild at gmail dot com